Monday, May 27, 2013

Dragonslayer


Saturday night I made it to 50.  Sunday I managed to get to 52, and also make about 4,000 plat, by doing something I did ages ago:  killing ice giants outside of Permafrost Keep, and killing any Wooly Mammoths that wandered by for their tusks.


I had a lot of fun doing this, it's one of those nostalgic things.  But today I went wandering for zones that could offer me experience.  I wound up in Skyfire Mountains on Kunark, where I killed dragons of various sorts (wurms, wyverns, chromodracs, I don't know what all) for a few hours until I hit 54.

I am already higher level than my old shaman ever was, and thus I'm hunting in zones that I've never visited before.


Then I went to work on tradeskills.  I did the alchemy newbie quests to get up to 54 in that, and then decided to work on tailoring.  I still want to make the colored hand tailored backpacks, but I decided to work my skill up close to 100 first.  So I went to Marus Seru in Luclin, a weird moon desert zone that I'd never been to, and killed greyhoppers (which were easy to kill, everything was well below my level) until I had 20+ greyhopper hides.  Then I made greyhopper boots (or shoes, slippers, I forget) which got me to 94 and trivial very quickly, I had a lot of greyhopper hides left.

The next step will be making the dyes for the bags.  I discovered that two of the things I'll need are permafrost crystals (from Permafrost Keep, where I was earlier) and charcoal (from Marus Seru, where I just was, it drops from the rock guys that I ignored the whole time I was there).  Anyway that's a start.  I want to make some purple bags first, and dark blue I guess, and white and red.  ^_^

I did manage to buy another 7 HQ bear skins off a vendor in the Bazaar, so I'm all set with 14 of those and 12 of the HQ wolf skins, so I can make at least 12 attempts on these bags when I'm ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment