Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Smoked Freshwater Fish Pie

So I did nothing very exciting last night.  I solved my smoked freshwater fish recipe problem with the help of EQTraders, where I'm getting all my recipe information anyway.  The recipe required a smoker, which wasn't listed.  Once I crafted a smoker and tried it, the recipe worked, so I helped them update one of their recipes that was wrong.

I smoked all of my freshwater fish filets and then made Smoked Freshwater Fish Pie.  I had to pause at several points to make more of this or that ingredient, but I made some 26 attempts and then was out of fish.  I got some good skill increases doing this though, and wanted to do more, so I headed out to the Blightfire Moors for another round of fishing.  After I got back I spent a good length of time turning all of my dye ingredients into extracts and then into dyes, which is a very involved process that takes time and costs a lot of plat, but now I have a large collection of dyes should I want to make more colored backpacks, and I don't have all of those ingredients cluttering up my inventory.

I really need to buy the tradeskill crafter's backpack from the SoE store, but it's kind of expensive.  But I could really use it, my inventory is becoming very cluttered.

After this I went to town again making vegetables so I could make vegetable oil so I could make smoking sauce so I could make smoked freshwater fish so I could make smoked freshwater fish pie... and I had to pause to make more egg batter as well.  I need to go on an egg collecting expedition, I've burned through my collection of eggs that I had in my bank.  When I ran out again, it was time to stop for the night.  My baking is now at 198 and these pies are trivial at 202, so I just need to gear up with enough egg batter, smoking sauce and vegetables to do one more round of pies, and then I should be set to attempt the Halas 10 lb Meat Pie, which I tend to think of as "the big one" because that's what it was way back when I was first learning baking.  It's not the most difficult thing any more, but it's still a huge undertaking and is still sold on the market.

I set myself up as a vendor at the bazaar after that, and I sold quite a few things before I went to bed.  I even sold some of my patty melts!  It's not a lot of money but it makes it seem like making them was worth the effort.  I hadn't sold anything else by morning, but I left my vendor up for the day while I'm at work so we'll see if anything else sells today.

No comments:

Post a Comment