Monday, July 8, 2013

July 4th DXP Weekend

On the 4th of July I spent the entire morning in Kedge Keep.

I had visited Kedge Keep for the first time (other than entering it once years ago and not going past the entrance) a couple of days before, enough to learn that I could farm for deepwater ink and it was a viable route for me to skill up in alchemy.  At that time I'd farmed more than 20 deepwater ink and earned one alchemy skill point increase for my troubles.  My plan this time was to get at least 40 deepwater inks, but I spend the full morning there and came back with 160 deepwater inks total.  This was good enough to get me to 240 in alchemy, or about 8 points increase.  Pretty sad when you think about it, tradeskilling in EQ is everything I remembered it to be.

I gained a level and 2 AA points doing this.  Even though everything was light blue or green to me, double experience week was on so I was slowly gaining experience from farming.  But I wanted to take advantage of the DXP to level a new character up, so I spent part of the day working on my newbie dark elf necromancer, who I got to level 12.

Friday night I had to spend part of the time farming for high quality bear and wolf skins, but I also started a baby shadowknight (drakkin).  I spent part of Saturday morning levelling her up, but then I spent much of the weekend visiting my parents and sister's families in Longview.  Sunday night when I got home I was able to play my new shadow knight a bit more, and got up to level 32 and even hunted a bit in the Highpass Keep basement.

I worked on tailoring last Friday too, getting up to almost 200 now.  My other accomplishment was farming enough of the materials to make a nice backlog of dyes for the colored backpacks I sell... but now I'm low on hq bear and wolf pelts yet again.

I would have liked to get more accomplished for DXP weekend, but I didn't get to play as much as I would have liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment